The Tahlequah Area Chamber of Commerce is now accepting applications for the upcoming Leadership Tahlequah program.
Leadership Tahlequah originated in 1996 to promote civic participation and give business members the tools to be leaders throughout the community. Today, the Leadership Tahlequah program is designed to:
Each year 20 participants are selected through an application process to participate in a 10-month educational program that includes an overnight trip to the State Capitol, nine monthly full-day sessions, involvement with community boards, and a class project. The selection process will be on August 20th and notification to our selected candidates will be on August 23rd. Participants receive in-depth exposure to the issues and opportunities facing the community through lectures, discussion groups, on-site visits, and other leadership development activities. Issues to be addressed during the year include government, economic development, politics, regionalism, healthcare, educational and more.
- Leadership Tahlequah Participants gain confidence and are motivated become actively involved in promoting positive change for the Tahlequah Area.
- Participant will grow in awareness and understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing our area.
- Leadership Tahlequah opens doors to more company and individual visibility.
- Leadership Tahlequah develops valuable contacts and business networks and help identify future alliances.
- Employers and/or sponsoring organizations will see increases leadership and problem solving skills from the participant.
- The community will experience immediate benefit from involvement on the part of the participants.
The selection of participants is based on diversity to encourage a collaboration of ideas and viewpoints. The program is professional development opportunity for all. Participants should demonstrate:
- A passion for the future of the Tahlequah area
- A personal commitment to the area through past and future involvement
- A capacity for leadership within their own business/ organization through significant achievements
- An interest in enhancing their leadership capabilities to meet the needs of today and the future
- A commitment to the time and energy necessary to successfully complete the program requirements, including support from employer
- A commitment to supporting the continuation of leadership development in our area
Tuition/ Registration Information
Tuition for Leadership Tahlequah is $495 per applicant. Applications and program guidelines can be downloaded here or at the Tahlequah Area Chamber of Commerce located at 123 E. Delaware Street. Applications for the program must be completed and returned with tuition by August 15th to Tahlequah Area Chamber of Commerce. if you have any question , please contact the Chamber at (918) 456- 3742 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.